Sunday, March 25, 2012

Terriers - TV Series

Fall 2010 - cancelled after 13 episodes




Ex-cop and recovering alcoholic Hank Dolworth (Donal Logue) partners with his best friend, former criminal Britt Pollack (Michael Raymond-James) in an unlicensed private investigation business. The series is set in Ocean BeachSan DiegoCalifornia.

I have to admit. I would see this on streaming Netflix and was curious about it but never clicked it to watch. The name is kind of strange for a television show and the picture they had for the cover, didn't really draw me in to want to watch it. But one day, when I was super bored and was having a hard time finding something to watch I brushed past it again. I thought, what the heck - if it sucks I can turn it off.

It didn't suck. In fact, it was really really good. 

The name and the marketing for this show is probably what got it cancelled. Had it had a catchy name - or just had better marketing so that you could tell what the show was about, I bet the show would still be on the air. It was really clever and well written. I love the relationship they built up for us between the characters and it always kept you wondering how it was going to all tie together.

After watching a couple episodes I looked it up online because I saw there was only 13 episodes available to watch. Just like I suspected. It was cancelled after one season. Just like all the good shows. Ended way too soon. This would be an awesome show for Netflix to pick up and produce (just like did with Lilyhammer) 

If you have streaming Netflix check it out - it is a definite "watch it now" (maybe it is still on reruns on tv as well - It was an FX show) It's also on Hulu.