Friday, April 13, 2012

fff vol. 10

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! I've never been afraid of the number or had any superstitions about any specific dates, but there is a fun article in Time magazine that I found and here are a few of the highlights:

Friday the 13th Myths:
• If you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, someone in your family will die.
• A child born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life.
• If a funeral procession passes you on Friday the 13th, you will be the next to die.

Friday the 13th Anecdotes:
• In 1913, a New York pastor tried to assuage couples' fears by offering to marry them for free on Friday the 13th.
• In 1939, a small town in Indiana forced all black cats to wear bells on Friday, Oct. 13. When the measure seemed to work (nothing bad happened, at any rate), the town continued the practice for the next three years. 
• At the time, Oct. 13, 1989, was the second largest drop of the Dow in history. Nicknamed the Friday-the-13th mini-crash, these days it's not even in the top 10. That might be the scariest fact of all.

You can read the full article : here


Today was actually a pretty decent day, especially since it started off with finding out a won a cookbook! So I guess that means more baking to do, but more fun blog posts showing my (possibly failed) attempts to recreate the contents. I already have Hello, Cupcake and that book was pretty great. So I'm hoping this one is as well.

So without further ado .. favorite finds Friday...


I absolutely love this idea of showing movies in your backyard. I am a huge movie buff, as you all know, and what is more perfect than recreating a movie theater at your home? My sister actually does this. They even built a huge screen to play movies. She owns and runs a corn maze and fall festival here and it is so much fun to go on nights they are showing movies. 



This is a pretty interesting idea and with a  little tweaking could look really nice. We are looking for ideas for the raised beds for the front gardens. I'm sure we will just end up doing something semi-basic and just classic raised beds. We'll see.

I can't get enough of white, on white, on white, and oh yes.. on white. I am itching to get upstairs and get this sheetrock completed so that I can start painting EVERYTHING white. I know we have three dogs. So this might be a little insane. But I can't be more excited.


Okay, strawberries AND lemonade AND cake. Three of my favorite things combined into one item?! This will be made and will be in my belly very soon.. oh yes it will.


I love these bowls and the shop. They have really interesting accessories for your home. I post on and on about cool things I found there!




I am really loving this new dress on Modcloth. I still have a credit, maybe this will be mine? I have had a bad line of purchasing of nothing fitting right and everything getting sent back lately though that I kind of gave up on buying and went back to just wearing my standby, baggy pants and kid sized tee shirts. But summer is coming, time to make a switch.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday the 13th! I'm so happy for the weekend to be here, I have to work a bit of OT in the am - but then I have all next week off!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!