Wednesday, May 30, 2012

gw vol 7

I didn't realize it was already time to make my garden post. Having a day off sure screws up your week and sense of time! But I'm definitely not complaining that it's already the midpoint of a work week. We really didn't do too much on the gardens this past week because it was insanely hot. Yesterday it even showed it was over 110 degrees in the sun in my back yard! But early evening we got a crazy thunderstorm that cooled it off down to a manageable 70 degrees and continued to rain all night, which made it impossible to take updated pictures in flooding rains! So next week I'll post the craziness going on out there.

This week I will bring you some garden inspiration from around the web.


This article is really interesting and could maybe make decisions for you when deciding what to plant in your own garden.



I am so in love with this little garden and its layout. I would love to sit in one of those Adirondack chairs and waste the day away.




A great idea for someone itching to have a garden but may not have the space or yard for one. This could be put out on any deck, porch or small yard.




I am in love with this garden layout. I love how lush and full it is with all the different heights and layers. This is similar to what we are going for in our design, to create an atmosphere and a complete room. 

Until next week, hopefully the weather will cool off and we can actually get some work done to our garden layouts. We already have half the town wondering and asking what we are doing!