Sunday, June 03, 2012

Buy Handmade vol 8


This week Behind the Scenes travels to Spain.


Name: Noe
Age: 29
Occupation: Product designer
Etsy Shop: http://viruset.etsy.com


When did you start creating and how long have you been on Etsy?
I remember being creative since I was small but I have been fully employed in ceramics since last summer.
I opened my Etsy shop last February

Apart from creating things, what do you like to do?
I love poetry, playing guitar, watching the stars and hugging my cats



Where do you get your inspiration from?
The inspiration comes as the workday progresses. Nature inspires me, music and art.

How did you get started in ceramics?
I studied ceramics before studying design. My father is ceramist but he does work very different from mine.


How would you describe your creative process?
My creative process is usually at night, quite late, in silence and in bed. I take paper and pencil and start to mess pages until I get something I really like. I love the moment when everything seems to fit and appears it that was asleep inside your brain like a solved puzzle.

What is your most cherished handmade item?
I love tiles which my brother and I painted when we were very young. I find them really beautiful and valuable


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I want to be one of those lucky people who feel really happy with the work she has done and the life she has.



Do you have any advice for anyone thinking about starting their own shop?
I just started my shop so I have too much advice to give. I only say that the only way to get what you want is to lose all fear and take small steps that will make way. Slowly but surely.