Monday, October 15, 2012

Market Mondays


This week we had an amazing "take" at the Farmer's Market. Empire apples (for an apple pie I'm baking my dad right now, Happy Birthday Dad!), fresh eggs, pull apart rolls, baby potatoes, carrots, Honey Crisp apples, tomatoes, squash, green beans, hamburg (for amazing meatloaf the mister made last night), Lamb chops (never had them - has anyone ever had lamb??) and pork chops. 

We still had a whole chicken from last week and we had spaghetti squash that was dinner on Saturday. The farmer's market is only two more weekends. How did this season go by so fast?! There is an indoor market that is two Saturdays a month during the winter - so we will be going to those starting in November.

The weather the past few days has been so bizarre, rainy and cold in the mornings and then round 11am or so, it clears up and gets up in the low 70's! I'm not complaining..it's just bizarre weather. This week I'm on vacation (yes, again!). Today has been apple pie baking and creating a sales sheet for the mister to take into his work. It lists all my soaps, lip balms and washcloths with a brief description and then a sales order. He works with a girl I went to high school with and she has taken it upon herself to be my marketer at his work! She sent out an email to the entire company telling them about my goodies and hopefully it turns into a few sales for me.

I'm thinking about paying for the "search ads" on Etsy. Has anyone done those and if so, seen any upswing in sales. So far I've only had 158 views and one sale. I know, I know. It's only been 3 days! But you guys know me... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get my name out there. Next month I'm going to sponsor a few blogs and hopefully that will also generate some traffic. Any other ideas??

Alright, I'm off to work on a special Christmas present I've been working on and relax for a little bit before heading out to dinner with my parents. 

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday.