Tuesday, October 09, 2012

slow start..


We had a slow start to the opening of The Hive. Unfortunately it rained and was bitter cold all weekend. A complete wash out. I had high hopes for my first show. Even though I didn't make many sales, I had a lot of great feedback and met a lot of awesome vendors. 


Everyone commented on our packaging and antiques used in our set up. 


I absolutely love my twirly rack we found. It holds almost 240 bars of soap! I thought it was really funny because the top of the stand has a metal sign that says something about triple tested flower seeds. People actually kept reading it, then looking at the soap, then looking back at the sign and were seriously confused. It actually concerned me that people didn't use their common sense that ALL my displays were all antique pieces and that I wasn't actually selling flower seeds! I mean I was using RC Cola boxes and no one asked where the soda was! Concerning! 


I didn't get a picture of the board in my set up. We forgot the board Saturday morning and the mister had to come back to the show following him going to the Farmer's Market and we wrote it up and put it up. I need to work on it to get it exactly how we want it. But it was good for the remainder of the weekend.

The mister also surprised me with an amazing new piece for my next time I set up at a show. It's a vintage casket stand! It is so awesome. It looks similar to this, except way better!


It's only the stand, we need to get something for the top. The one he got me is a lot more detailed and amazing. I will have to get some pictures of it to share with you all.

I was planning on launching the Etsy shop today, but I am still recovering from the weekend, still need to unpack everything and take pictures of the lip balms so I think I will launch on Friday or Saturday instead. It will give me the week to finally relax and have a few nights to myself and not push like I have been for what seems like weeks and weeks on end. I want to apologize because I have completely been off the internet for over a week and a half and just won't get to all my regular blogs. Again if I missed anything please let me know and I'll be sure to go back and look stuff up!!

I hope everyone has had a great week and a half..I'll be back in full swing later this week!