Monday, July 08, 2013

Market Mondays

This past weekends market was awesome, best weekend for us yet!


It was also awesome because we barely had to pay for any of this food! Kevin has started helping out our friends' at their farm one day a week in exchange for lots of yummy food. This week they gave him two chickens, two different packages of steaks and sausage. The "bread lady" gave him his weekly cinnamon bread he buys for free because she said she just wanted to pack up and get home to her pool! (It was in the 90's and HUMID) So he decided to buy another loaf from her so that she would take his money. The cookies that are the size of my head, yes, we barter for those - one bar of soap gets us two ginormous cookies. They are so so good. Then I picked up my favorite red raspberry jam, from my favorite jam maker at the market. 

I know that technically the food wasn't free because Kevin worked his a$$ of in 80-90 degree hot humid heat for 8 hours. But I think it's an awesome trade off. He loves working in gardens and being outside, so it's a win-win for everyone!

The weather here has turned insanely hot and humid. What's it like in your neck of the woods?