Wednesday, December 11, 2013

wiw vol 42


2010 - R - 84 minutes

Storyline

On Christmas Eve in Finland, Santa Claus is unearthed in an archaeological dig. Soon after, children start disappearing, leading a boy and his father to capture Santa and, with the help of fellow hunters, they look to sell him back to the corporation that sponsored the dig. And then there's Santa's elves, who are determined to free their leader...



This has been on my list "to watch" for quite some time. We meant to watch it last year at Christmas and somehow the season flew by and it never made it to be seen. So this year, we made sure to watch it. 

It is definitely not your average "jolly good time" Christmas movie. But it kicks ass in a very disturbing and creepy way. I am in love with this movie and it will probably be on my "watch it" every Christmas from now going forward. 

Do you have Christmas movies you watch every year? I watch Emmit Otter, Christmas Vacation, Elf and A Christmas Story every year without fail. If I'm feeling girlie and emotional I will throw in Love Actually. I know some people watch Nightmare Before Christmas - but for me, I seem to usually watch that more around Halloween time every year, don't know why seeing that it does have Santa and all...

I'd love to hear your Christmas movies that you watch each year - and any odd ball weirdo ones I may not know about!